[Samba] change in AD authentication behaviour since 3.0.24

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Wed Feb 20 03:15:06 GMT 2008

Robert Cohen wrote:
>> winbind use default domain = yes
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion,
> But I'm afaid that doesn't appear to make any difference.

That really should be the fix. You did restart winbind?

Assuming "userX" with password "hello1" used to work, but now "xx\userX"
password "hello1" is required, then setting "winbind use default domain
= yes" allows the former to work again.

Run "testparam -s -v |grep winbind" and see that they appears sensible
to you...

Oh - we are all assuming you are referring to Unix login processes in
all this, e.g. ssh, console, etc. And yes, we have 3.0.28 and I can
"flip flop" between these two scenarios by making this change - I just
checked :-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417