[Samba] Re: winbind - not ready for prime time

Christian McHugh christian.mchugh at nau.edu
Mon Feb 18 00:16:58 GMT 2008

Guido Lorenzutti wrote:
> Jeremy Allison wrote:
>

>> If you have a specific issue, ask it. If you have a specific
>> bug, report it. You did none of those things.
>>

> Im not a developer, Im a sysadmin and I been using samba for a lot of
> years know.
> When I read the post, I wasn't going to answear, 'coz I didn't feel
> related to the subject.
>
> I think I have a little experience in Samba and Winbind. If you need
> someone to write examples, docs, manpages, etc.. I don't have any
> problem to fill the blanks. Just tell me where I should start.

Well, in an attempt at raising the signal to noise ratio, I've
personally had problems deciphering exactly how to use winbind with
idmap_ad.
  - In the smb.conf do I have an idmap decleration per domain, or is the
example given in the man page "ALLDOMAINS" acceptable?
  - (As mentioned in an unanswered mail to this list) How do I go about
compiling the rfc2307 module, either statically or dynamiclly?

Once I get past the rfc2307 compile question, I think I'll have more
questions. But since I don't have winbind running well in my environment
(yet) I can bring those up later.

Thanks,
Christian