[Samba] Virtual Servers with sercurity=ads

Rippl, Steve rippls at woodlandschools.org
Sat Feb 16 23:27:25 GMT 2008

Hi,

Is it possible to include the virtual server function when using
AD/Kerberos authentication?

In smb.conf on server wsdmirror I've got...

[global]

.
  security = ads
.
.
  netbios aliases = wtdsrv
  include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%L
.
.
.

And a share on wsdmirror (not virtual machine) that requires AD
authentication, that all works great!

Now I want to host a public share \\wtdsrv\Office, read only, so I've
got in /etc/samba/smb.conf.wtdsrv

[Office]
  Path = /srv/Office
  Public = yes
  Read only = yes

And that's all.  When I try to go to the virtual server share from a
windows client I get the authentication pop box and the following in the
logs

   ...smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(202)
Failed to verify incoming ticket!

When I run testparm I see include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.WSDMIRROR, but
*not* smb.com.wtdsrv?!!

Is what I'm trying to do possible? If so, what am I missing?

Thanks.
Steve R