[Samba] HP DesignJet z6100ps driver and print share issues

Taylor, Marc mdtaylor at beckman.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 14 19:53:51 GMT 2008

Good afternoon,

I am just curious if anyone out there has installed the HP DesignJet
z6100ps windows driver onto a Samba server and have it work correctly?
We are finding that the custom page sizes are unconfigurable on the
client when the drivers are uploaded and shared from the Samba server.
If you setup a printer share and set it to behave in the Win9X way (i.e.
the driver is only installed on the client) the custom page sizes
behaves as expected.

We also have an HP DesignJet 5000ps which when we initially installed it
we had to upload the forms using the addforms program which allowed the
built-in page sizes to be available.  I have used that on the z6100ps
and no change.

We are using Samba 3.0.28 (indeed I have tried it with various versions
from 3.0.11 to 3.0.24 with no success).  It is on RHEL 3.

Many thanks.

Marc Taylor