[Samba] Adding a second server, SIDs in security tab?

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Feb 6 07:26:35 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 13:24 -0500, Mark Rutherford wrote:

> I have never added a second server to just basically be a 'share'
> server
> before, so I configured it in a manner that seemed logical to me, but
> it
> is probably wrong. <g>

Indeed you did.

2 solutions:

1.Configure it with security = domain and join it to the PDC, remove all
ldap stuff from smb.conf it will never directly authenticate or touch
anything in there, the PDC qill do the job.

2.Configure it as a BDC making sure you set the same SID as set on the
PDC.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce