[Samba] roaming profiles

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:51:58 GMT 2008

> thank you for your information. I got it working and it works like a charm!
> Can i exclude or include some folders for the roaming syncronisation?
> E.g. i do not want the "My Music" folder to be stored on the server.
>
> By Default EVERYTHING from "c:\documents and settings" directory will be
> transfered from and to the server, right?

Here is what I do in my login.bat file

\\%SERVER%\NETLOGON\reg /Verbose /Set "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ExcludeProfileDirs"="Local
Settings;Temporary Internet Files;Application Data\Mozilla;Cookies"

and the reg tool I use is from here:

http://www.sharewareplaza.com/Reg-download_4322.html

John