[Samba] Strange problem with samba-3.2.0-1

Jesper Langkjær jl at MINISOFT.DK
Tue Dec 23 07:24:44 GMT 2008

Hi

I'm new this group and normaly samba works like a charm, but not this time.

I have an fresh installed Fedora Core 9 with samba-3.2.0-1.pre3.9.fc9.i386.
For som reason we have LPRng 3.8 installed, but the problem are the same with Cups.

There are in fact two problems.
1. Can't see printers
We have load printers = yes and printing = lprng and the [printers]
[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    browseable = no
    guest ok = yes
    writable = no
    printable = yes
    debug level = 10
But we can not see any printers.

Then we added
[prt1]
    comment = Xerox printer
    path = /var/spool/samba
    printable = yes
    public = yes
    guest ok = yes
And now we have the seceond problem
When we print test print from XPpro it comes at once, the same if we use MS Office 2000/2003 and Open Office.
But If we use Wordpad, Notepad or Adobe Acrobat it hangs for 40 seconds or more.

And i'm stuck.
Any help for this chrismas problem ?

Kind regards

Jesper Langkjær