[Samba] Mixing PDC with workgroups in the same LAN

Javier Barroso javibarroso at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:02:21 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a samba domain (PDC with samba and ldap) with a domain member to test it.

My domain member (win XP), at beggining, when it was added to domain,
could browse any workgroup and the domain.

Later, my test machine is unable to browser outside the domain. I
can't see any workgroup in 'Microsoft windows Network', only my domain
is in the browse list. The test machine has my PDC like wins server
and is a 'hybrid' member (I suppose it first search on wins and latter
should do it with broadcast)

I think it is possible browsing into workgroups while you are a domain
member, but now I am not sure.

Any workarround ?

Sorry for my english and thanks