[Samba] Samba ADS Error "Session setup failed: Call returned zero bytes (EOF)"

Tue Dec 2 15:05:34 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 06:51:31AM -0800, Mark Taylor wrote:
> Sorry for re-posting this one but I got no response to my last post except
> for a level 10 logs request which I uploaded last week.

The logfile stops at

[2008/11/27 12:16:40,  5] lib/username.c:Get_Pwnam_internals(77)
  Trying _Get_Pwnam(), username as lowercase is uk+myusername

This means it is very likely you have a problem with
winbindd or other more severe system problems. Try a

getent passwd uk+myusername

or whatever asks the NSS subsystem for the user entry of
uk+myusername. I would suspect that this hangs. If it hangs,
fix the hang and try again. If it does not hang, please send
in the complete log files.

Thanks,

Volker