[Samba] Very Slow!

Fri Aug 29 18:24:57 GMT 2008

On 8/29/2008 1:54 PM, Gregory Carter wrote:
> Oh, and BY THE WAY.
>
> I do not want to be a total cynic, but you are expecting samba to
> replace a software product that the SuSE corporation directly receives
> MILLIONS in contributions from, said vendor of product it is replacing.
> (Microsoft.)

Please stop engaging in FUD.

1. If SuSE was dumb enough to let Microsoft try something like this, how
long do you think it would be before it was discovered?

2. When (not if) it was discovered, how bad would the backlash be?

I don't doubt they might try something like this if there was a
reasonable expectation that they could do it without being discovered,
but they are smart enough to realize there's no way they could pull it off.

--

Best regards,

Charles