[Samba] Samba 3.2.3 in Debian unstable

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Thu Aug 28 05:50:37 GMT 2008

> We're doing our best, folks.
>
> 3.2.2 packages are ready (working the package wasn't that
> straightforward after some binary renaming that happened for cifs
> utilities..as well as some (good) changes to libraries installation).
>
> 3.2.1 entered testing two days ago and we now need to talk with our
> release team to get a pre-agreement by them that they will accept
> 3.2.2 for lenny. Steve Langasek is the one who know how to write such
> mails (he combines two qualities I don't have: being an English native
> speaker and understandign Samba's code...:-) ).

Steve Langasek uploaded 3.2.3 packages in Debian unstable yesterday,
about two hours after Karolin announced it..:-)

These packages are targeted to enter Debian testing, ie the
"soon-to-be-released-when-it's-ready" next Debian version.

I don't know whether it will make it to Ubuntu
"whatever-funky-name-they'll-give-to-their-next-version" but I bet it
will as I suppose that Steve will take care of this..:-)