[Samba] Slow and unpredictable Samba performance?

Jakov Sosic jakov.sosic at srce.hr
Tue Aug 26 16:32:01 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 26 August 2008 18:23:18 Andrew Morgan wrote:

> Why not open a support ticket with Sun then, since it is their packaging
> of Samba that seems to be slow?  :)

Because I use Solaris without support, and I tought this could be a version
issue perhaps (3.0.23 vs 3.0.28)?

Also, I don't quite understand why is transfer performance dependant on log
level settings. I mean, at 100Mbps, if log level is higher than 3 then
performance drops significantly - like from theoretical 11MB/s to around
3MB/s.

The hardware is powerfull enough (Core2Duo, Seagate Barracuda's 7200.11), so I
just don't get it. There must be an explanation of some sort regardeless of
who's the packager...

--
|    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |
| start fighting cancer -> http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/   |