[Samba] Multiple Domains?

Dane dane at pktloss.net
Fri Aug 22 21:08:15 GMT 2008

I was able to get my windows domain authentication working to enable
single sign on for a wiki we recently deployed on a CentOS server.

I understand the wiki is capable of supporting single sign on for
multiple windows domains with a few configuration changes and have
made those changes.

My question however revolves around my /etc/samba/smb.conf file which
I had to edit to get winbind working correctly in order to do all of
this.

My smb.conf contains specific information obviously about the domain such as:

workgroup = domainname1
security = domain
password server = pdc.domainname1.someplace.com bdc.domainname1.someplace.com
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
winbind use default domain = yes

I suspect one of two things has to happen.  I have edit my existing
smb.conf and add the new info or create a new smb.conf that will
possibly be used by a second instance of winbind?

I say that because I question whether you could do something like:

workgroup = domainname1
workgroup = domainname2
security = domain
password server = pdc.domainname1.someplace.com bdc.domainname1.someplace.com
password server = pdc.domainname2.someplace.com bdc.domainname2.someplace.com
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
winbind use default domain = yes

I would think you would have to some how tie the new workgroup to the
right password server/s.

Am I off base here?  Can anyone get me guided in the right direction?

Thanks,
Dane