[Samba] Mysterious new problem: nss_ldap: could not soft reconnect to LDAP server

Wes Modes wmodes at ucsc.edu
Mon Aug 11 19:32:59 GMT 2008

I didn't try that.  but if it happens again I shall.  I knew the LDAP
servers were working, but that the Samba server (via nss) wasn't talking
to it.

What I ended up doing, was turned off nss' use of TLS.  That fixed it.
In RHEL, the command is authconfig.

Why it suddenly stopped talking to each other, I still don't know.

Obviously I need to come in during non-office hours and config and test
and retest to get TLS working at both ends again.

Wes

--

Wes Modes
Server Administrator & Programmer Analyst