[Samba] Re: Samba 3.2.0-pre3 packages in Debian - version of Samba in Debian lenny

Mon Apr 28 13:22:01 GMT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 01:54:26PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Debian lenny is due out for September 2008. From the news we currently
> have, it seems wiser to stick with 3.0.28a rather than a quite

3.0.28a has known bugs in particular with trusts, so you
will inevitably have to backport stuff from 3.0.28b that
will be done by then. And, I have to agree with Jerry,
having to live with .28a for the next decade in Debian might
be not the best thing.

Volker