[Samba] Samba 3.0.24 handling LDAP responses incorrectly

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Apr 9 15:57:08 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 17:54 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > > It's an explicit entry in LDAP:
> >
> > ppolicy support in Samba would be awesome.  Would make PCI/DSS (and
> > other regulatory compliance) *much* easier for shops using a Samba PDC.
> >
> > <http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapo-ppolicy>
>
> Ok, that looks doable. Problem is as always developer time.
> I'd be happy to review patches though.

FYI: we are discussing for a new IETF blessed RFC proposal for a
standard way to handle password policies in LDAP. Nothing implemented in
servers so far of course, but better to take that in account if someone
is going to write a patch so that it will be easier to switch to the
"standard" if we get one at the end of the process.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat Inc. <ssorce at redhat.com>