[Samba] PDC migration: printing trouble.

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 19:18:37 GMT 2008

>  Hi John. Yes, there is.

For me this was a windows bug and not a samba bug. Apparently windows
remembers every printer you ever had connected to your machine and for
every operation that brings up a print dialog it tries to contact all
of these printers even though the printer has been deleted from you
list of available printers. To fix this open up regedit and look at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then Printers. In that tab there 4 folders.
Delete all keys that contain printers that no longer exist and the
problem will go away. At least it did for the users on my network.
This is a per user item so you have to do that for every user who has
this problem...

John