[Samba] Domain logons w/ LDAP backend

Tom Smith aliase573201 at mac.com
Fri Apr 4 00:28:17 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have multiple Samba servers working very well using the tdbsam
backend. The number of servers is becoming harder to manage now so I
began testing an LDAP-based Samba server. Everything works great
except when a workstation tries to login to the domain...

All users are able to login just fine when accessing network shares.
Workstation are able to join the domain. But upon reboot, they're not
able to login to the domain.

Here's what I'm using:

	CentOS 4
	Samba 3.0.10
	OpenLDAP 2.2.13
	smbldap-tools-0.9.4
	Windows XP Pro

The error message I get on the client is: "Windows cannot connect to
the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise
unavailable or because your computer account was not found." This
happens on every computer.

My server logs are filled with these messages: "[2008/04/01 13:48:22,
0] lib/util_sock.c:get_peer_addr(1000)  getpeername failed. Error was
Transport endpoint is not connected"

I've been trying to find a solution to this for (literally) months. I
really, really, really need to get this working--I currently have
four office that need to be connected under the same Samba domain,
the all already have Samba servers installed but under different
domains. And we're gearing up for another growth spurt in the next
six to twelve months that will add to this number, which makes it
even that more important.

Any advice or pointers for resolving this will be very much appreciated!

~Tom