[Samba] Samba authentication to Kerberos via OpenLDAP, third and last try

Thu Apr 3 20:52:12 GMT 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 01:34:30PM -0700, Wes Modes wrote:
> The question and the challenge:  Any leads on how I might convince Samba
> to pass the input password on to OpenLDAP so that OpenLDAP can
> authenticate it against Kerberos?

The only chance is that you modify each client's registry to
send plain text passwords to the server over the network,
downgrading your security to what telnet provided ages ago.
You can guess that this is ABSOLUTELY NOT recommended. If
you go with standard Windows authentication schemes, the
SMB server never sees the user's plain text password which
would be required to authenticate against Kerberos.

Volker