SOLVED: RE: [Samba] re: guest not permitted to access share

Wayne Johnson wjohnson at mqsoftware.com
Fri Sep 28 13:40:38 GMT 2007

Aaah, that seems to have solved my problem, only I specified:
map to guest = Bad Uid
as it doesn't have some of the bad side effects as Bad Password.

Should I file a doc BZ suggesting that this be noted in the documentation under the guest user parameter?

I also have some other nusiance bz's that I could file, but I don't want to tick people off with (in some peoples opinion) trivial BZs on a mature product.