[Samba] Vista client error 1058

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Tue Sep 18 12:52:08 GMT 2007

Hello List,

Still trying to get Samba to see our schools new Windows Vista clients
profiles. I have updated my Samba server to FC5 Samba 3.0.23 but still
will not show the Samba share/ H: drive home folder on Windows Vista
clients only. For Windows 2000 & XP the home folders shows up fine. On the
Vista clients i am receiving error Event ID #1058 The processing of Group
Policy failed,,,yada,,yada,, .
I am wondering if I need to actual rebuild our default AD group policy
settings? I can do a \\server in Nautilus and can see MY/USER home folder
fine. It simply does not show up automagically at logon:(
Does anyone have an actual smb.conf that they could post that is working
with Windows Vista clients? We are using version Business of Vista if that
makes any difference.
BTW On my home FC5 / Samba server which is runinng as PDC I have no probs
seeing Samba share/ H: drive when logging in.

Thanks,

Barry