[Samba] Re: samba doesnt change shadowLastChange

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Wed Sep 12 01:17:03 GMT 2007

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:

    Andrew> Is it meant to?

Whenever the shadow password is updated, shadowLastChange should get
updated too.

    Brian> I have changed various things since then, really need to try it again.

Unfortunately, my computer appears to be ignoring shadow password
expiry at the moment (it was working...), so I am unable to test the
same scenario that caused me grief before.

I am able to confirm though, if the Samba password has expired, and I
change the password on log in, it updates both the Samba and Shadow
passwords, but it does not update shadowLastChange.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>