[Samba] Questions about the new idmap interface

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Tue Sep 11 12:39:08 GMT 2007

Hi,

I tried to configure the new idmap interface. Currently without much success.

I have two samba domains, trusting each other. Each PDC using it's own LDAP
server. I tried

         idmap domains = DOM1, DOM2
         idmap config DOM1:default = yes
         idmap config DOM1:backend  = ldap
         idmap config DOM1:ldap_base_dn = ou=Idmap,dc=dom1,dc=mydomain,dc=de
         idmap config DOM1:ldap_url = ldap://192.168.0.1
         idmap config DOM1:range  = 10000 - 20000
         idmap alloc backend = ldap

         idmap config DOM2:default = no
         idmap config DOM2:backend = ldap
         idmap config DOM2:ldap_base_dn = ou=Idmap,dc=dom2,dc=mydomain,dc=de
         idmap config DOM2:ldap_url = ldap://192.168.1.1
         idmap config DOM2:range = 10000 - 20000

         idmap uid = 10000-20000
         idmap gid = 10000-20000
         winbind separator = +
         winbind enum users = yes
         winbind enum groups = yes
         template homedir = /home/%U
         template shell = /bin/false
         winbind nested groups = yes
         winbind cache time = 300
         winbind nss info = template
         winbind use default domain = yes

But then I have the problem, that samba used the "ldap admin dn" account and
password for both LDAP server, but each have it's own. How can I configure a
second password for my trusted domain?

Is there any usefull documentation, best would be with different samples, of
the new idmap interface? The manpage didn't helped me much for understanding this.

Regards
Marc