[Samba] ntbackup and samba

cent9ur sun.vijay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 05:18:48 GMT 2007

Hi

I have a Linux/XFS/Samba that Windows Domain users access through client
machines either by UNC or mapped drive.

I am trying to work out a backup plan.  I would like to use ntbackup to
achieve this with Normal (once) and Differential (daily) backups.

However, when I run the normal backup the archive checkbox does not get
cleared so the differential backup backs up everything again.

I have realized that "map archive" maps the archive to the owner x it in
Linux.  So I have tried map archive = no.  But when i run backup the archive
checkbox does not change.

Please let me know if this is a possible solution and if there are any other
directives I need to make this work.

Thanks