[Samba] Odd problem adding machine accounts

Steven43126 steven43126 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 15:44:21 GMT 2007

Trying to add machine accounts using the following:

add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -c Machine -d /dev/null -g
machines -s /bin/false %u

I get the following in the log file on the server

prs_mem_get: reading data of size 2 would overrun buffer by 1 bytes.
api_samr_set_userinfo: Unable to unmarshall SAMR_Q_SET_USERINFO.
api_rpcTNP: samr: SAMR_SET_USERINFO failed.

and the following error from the net rpc join command

[2007/10/27 16:40:17, 0] utils/net_rpc_join.c:net_rpc_join_newstyle(304)
  error setting trust account password: NT code 0x1c010002
Unable to join domain HOME.

I have no idea how to interpret the error message in the server log ??

Kind Regards
Steve.