[Samba] Samba Port problems

Tue Oct 23 13:41:35 GMT 2007

Hi,

some weeks ago I had a problem with samba logging strange things like
this:

getpeername failed. Socket is not connected.
write_data: write failure in writing to client 0.0.0.0. Error
Connection reset by peer
Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. (connection reset by peer)

somebody told me that I have to add this line to my smb.conf

[global]
	ports  = 139

so windows clients will only use port 130 to connect to samba shares.

after restarting samba I had no problems, but since a few days I have
the same errors in my logs, but the settings mentioned above are made...

is there another reason why samba loggs this?

hope someone of you can help me

matthias