[Samba] ACL access popup in workgroup, not in domain

scartomail scartomail at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 15:45:52 GMT 2007

Hi Everyone,

  I was wondering if the anwser to my question is "works as disigned" or if could be solved.

  I have setup a Debian/etch samba server as a standanlone server(acl enabled).
  When I connect to it with a windows workstation that is in a domain (any domain),
  I am able to set file or directory permissions without any problem.

  When I connect to it with a windows workstation that is in a workgroup I get an authentication pop-up message ONLY when I add a user to the file or directory acl list.
  I am able to remove the users or give them only read acces without this pop-up.

  But not add a user without an authentication pop-up.
  I then enter the credentials that already logged me on to the share and the user is added.

  Is this default behaviour for samba or is there some option to configure for this?

  Thanks in advance.

  Rgds Edo