[Samba] Re: folder contents on Win2k SP4 clients become outdated

Mon Oct 22 13:42:06 GMT 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 06:24:57AM +0000, Brolin Empey wrote:
> For example, see this article in Microsoft's Support Knowledge Base:

Proper change notify support came only in with 3.0.25. It
uses inotify now which (I believe) was added to the kernel
with 2.6.13. If inotify is not available, Samba broadcasts
all events generated by other Samba clients properly, so in
that case you miss all events generated by unix processes.

> > We have never had Windows Explorer show duplicate data.
>
> The duplicate folders problem is definitely real.  I do not know whether it is
> caused by the client or server, though.

We'd need sniffs and logfiles of that.

Volker