[Samba] Samba Problem

Darryl Tidd darryl.tidd at daaokc.com
Wed Oct 10 20:21:53 GMT 2007

Darryl Tidd wrote:
> Frank Van Damme wrote:

>>> Why don't you just get Kubuntu Samba packages?
>>>
>>> Apparently, you don't really know what you are doing ("I have tried
>>> starting smbd, winbindd, nmbd, sambaclient, samba, and swat")
>>>

>> ... and you (the OP) should have a clear idea of what you're trying to
>> achieve with Samba. Like: set up some simple shares, make home
>> directories available over the network, or the same but including
>> keeping your sister from overwriting your files,...

Now it seems I really don't know what I'm doing.  it appears I replied
to a post with no reply included.  Talk about your bone headed things to
do.  I only realized it today when I was wondering why no one replied to
my reply, well my reply didn't include a reply, so why would anyone
reply.  HuH?

Anyway.  you guys were both right, I didn't know what I was doing, and I
didn't have a clear idea of what I was wanted to do.  In the meantime, I
have samba up and running.  Still trying to figure out exactly what to
do next.  Thanks for the responses.
Darryl