[Samba] slow opening of files / make_connection: connection to IPC$ denied due to security descriptor.

Andre Berloth samba.org at berloth.net
Tue Oct 9 15:31:33 GMT 2007

Hello all,

Some pc's in the network have big troubles opening files that reside on
the server. Opening a word or excel file may take over 30 secs. Copying
the file to the desktop takes less than a second.
However, searching for this problem on google didn't give me any
solutions yet. Any idea's what the problem is?

Also, in my logs I see a lot of these 'connection to IPC$ denied due to
security descriptor' errors, and searching google didn't hint me what
the source of the problem was. Any idea's what the origin of this error is?

I run a 3.026 server on OpenSUSE 10.2

Kind regards,
Andre Berloth.