[Samba] Samba Problem

Lukasz Szybalski szybalski at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:48:25 GMT 2007

On 9/28/07, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
> Darryl Tidd schrieb:
> > I am running Kubunt 7.04.  I downloaded the latest Samba release from
> > samba.org.  I configured and installed Samba.  However, after doing all
> > this, I can't seem to get Samba to run.  I have tried starting smbd,
> > winbindd, nmbd, sambaclient, samba, and swat.  I either get a message
> > that the program is not installed or the computer just does nothing.
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Why don't you just get Kubuntu Samba packages?

apt-get update
apt-get install samba

Status
 To see what services are available on samba use this command.
 If samba is not running start it by /etc/init.d/samba start
 When prompted for password, hit enter to login anonymously.

smbclient -L servername

> Apparently, you don't really know what you are doing ("I have tried
> starting smbd, winbindd, nmbd, sambaclient, samba, and swat")
>

> --
> Tomasz Chmielewski
> http://wpkg.org
> --

Easy, Highly Configurable and Customizable Operating System for Business.
http://www.lucasmanual.com
TurboGears from start to finish:
http://www.lucasmanual.com/mywiki/TurboGears