[Samba] Windows Group

Gilberto Nunes Ferreira gilbertonunes at yahoo.com.br
Mon Oct 1 20:48:25 GMT 2007

Hi folks...

I'm try to see the groups on samba via Windows XP and I can't see anyone...

When I click in some folder and go to "Security and Share" and try add some
user of my samba server, I can see only feel groups, like this:

DIALUP
LOCAL SERVICE
SYSTEM
EVERYONE

And when I attempt to check the names on my server, I can't list any one...

I send my smb.conf for analise...
Thanks for any answer...

(how can you see bellow, I using LDAP to user repository)

[global]
        workgroup = BITMIX
        netbios name = HERCULES
        security = user
        enable privileges = yes
        #interfaces = lo, eth0
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        server string = Samba Server %v
        #security = ads
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        pam password change = yes
        obey pam restrictions = yes
        update encrypted = yes
        ldap passwd sync = Yes
        unix password sync = no
        passwd program = /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd -u %u
        passwd chat = "Changing password for*\nNew password*" %n\n "*Retype
new password*" %n\n"
        passwd chat debug = Yes
        log level = 6
        syslog = 6
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 100000
        time server = Yes
; Performance
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=16384
SO_SNDBUF=16384

        mangling method = hash2
        Dos charset = 850
        Unix charset = ISO8859-1
        winbind nested groups = yes
        admin users = suporte

        logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
        logon home = \\%L\%U
        logon drive = H:

        domain logons = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        logon script = %U.bat
        os level = 999
        preferred master = Yes
        wins support = yes
        wins proxy = no
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1/
        ldap admin dn = cn=manager,dc=bitmix,dc=com,dc=br
        ldap suffix = dc=bitmix,dc=com,dc=br
        ldap group suffix = ou=Grupos
        ldap user suffix = ou=Usuarios
        ldap machine suffix = ou=Computadores
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
        add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
        ldap delete dn = Yes
        delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
        add machine script
= /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -g "Computadores" -w "%u"
        add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
        delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
        add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
        delete user from group script
= /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u" "%g"
        set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g '%g' '%u'
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
        idmap backend = ldap:ldap://127.0.0.1
        idmap uid = 0-105000
        idmap gid = 0-105000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind separator = \
        winbind use default domain = no
        template shell = /bin/false
        winbind use default domain = no

        # printers configuration
#       printer admin = @"Print Operators"
        load printers = Yes
        create mask = 0640
        directory mask = 0750
        #force create mode = 0640
        #force directory mode = 0750
        nt acl support = No
        printing = cups
        printcap name = cups
        deadtime = 10
        guest account = nobody
        map to guest = Bad User
        dont descend = /proc,/dev,/etc,/lib,/lost+found,/initrd
        show add printer wizard = yes
        ; to maintain capital letters in shortcuts in any of the profile
folders:
        preserve case = yes
        short preserve case = yes
        case sensitive = no