[Samba] Re: SETGID not being inherited

Paul Worrall paul at basilisk.ukfsn.org
Fri Nov 30 18:21:01 GMT 2007

With smbfs, the Unix permissions on the server are not seen on the client,
but with cifs they are thanks to the "CIFS Unix extensions", and
directories that are SGID are shown as such on the client.

using "sudo chmod g+s directory_name" gives:

  with smbfs - "Operation not permitted"
  with cifs - no message but SGID is not set.

--
Paul

http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/AccessContr