[Samba] ACCESSING SOLARIS 8 IN WINDOWS

Kaustubh Chaudhari c_kitu at yahoo.co.in
Wed Nov 28 08:32:48 GMT 2007

Abdulhak, Najwa TPD wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> I tried to run the command /opt/samba/bin/smbclient
> and I have this error
>  ld.so.1: /opt/samba/bin/smbclient: fatal: libreadline.so.5: open failed: No
> such file or directory

I am not good with solaris, but after looking at the error it seems that
there is a library file required for smbclient and which is not present.

In linux libreadline.so.5 is required for smbclient to run which is
provided with readline package, check if you have this package
installed on your system and/or is not corrupted.

Kaustubh.