[Samba] PDC Profile problem

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 20:34:57 GMT 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 10:56 AM, Camilo Echeverry <camilin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all .
>
> I'm configuring samba as PDC and I am having some problems ..
>
> when a first user logs in in a new computer (recently added to the
> domain) .. it creates a local directory for that profile ..
>
> but when a second user logs in on that computer .. the profile
> directory is not created and the first user´s directory (on the local
> machine) is used ..
>
> some clue .. ?

Do you have profile acls = yes in your samba config? I found this is
necessary with recent versions of samba. Also does the user have
rights on the unix filesystem to create a folder where there profile
is supposed to be written? I generally pre-create profile folders as
well as the user's public and private folders and assign permissions
when I create the account.

John