[Samba] winbind caused "ls -l" hang on solaris 8

Bai, Junmin junmin.bai at dha.gov.au
Tue Nov 20 05:04:45 GMT 2007

Hi Guys

I compiled Samba 3.0.26a --with-ads and --with-winbind with krb5-1.6.2
and openldap-2.3.38 using
gcc version 3.4.6 on Solaris 8.

and added winbind in passwd entry in /etc/nsswitch.conf
passwd: files winbind

The problem is the entry "passwd: files winbind" in /etc/nsswitch.conf
caused "ls -l" and Samba hang.
If winbind is removed from nsswitch.conf, "ls -l" worked fine but Samba
lost the ability to authenticate
users against ADS.

Does anyone know how to build Samba with ADS support on Solaris 8
without causing "ls -l" hang?

Thanks

Junmin

Important: This email and any attachments may be confidential and may be privileged.
If the email is not addressed to you please return it to us and destroy any copies you may have.
Unauthorised use of this email and any attachment is prohibited.

Defence Housing Australia will send you correspondence and documents
 by email if you request or if you use email to contact us.
Email is not a secure form of communication and may transmit computer viruses.
We take no responsibility for misdirection, corruption or unauthorised use of email communications
 nor for any damage that may be caused as a result of transmitting or receiving an  email communication.
It is your responsibility to establish your own protection against viruses or other damage.

This message has been scanned for viruses
and spam by SurfControl RiskFilter - E-mail.