[Samba] Mac client

Mikko Suomi mikkoss at evtek.fi
Wed Nov 14 16:48:20 GMT 2007

Adam Hardy wrote:

> I'm trying to copy files to a Samba share that I have set up on a linux
> debian machine from a Mac running OS X, using samba 3.0.24.
>
> The Mac complains that there is something wrong with the file name, and
> then refuses to copy, and the operation leaves a zero-byte file with the
> same name on the samba share.

I had similiar problems with Mac's when I had veto files = /.*/ in samba
share to pervent users from deleting their linux profile files from
Windows workstations. (OSx likes to create .DS_Store -files to it's
folders) For some reason files could be written to samba from Macs
terminal window. Chancing veto files to /.bash*/ fixed problem for me.

--
Mikko Suomi