RE [Samba] Samba as PDC and file server using ACLs

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Wed Nov 14 13:06:31 GMT 2007

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467

samba-bounces+stephane.purnelle=corman.be at lists.samba.org a écrit sur
14/11/2007 14:50:56 :

> Hello sambers, i'm trying to configure a samba server (3.026a) as a PDC
> and as a file server using system's ACLs.
>
> 1. Where samba stores the users and groups domain information? Is in the

> /etc/passwd?

by default : YES

> 2. MUST i use winbind to successfully use ACLs? If the samba is the PDC,

> why should i have to use winbind? There is no problem to me to keep
> linux box user and groups accounts.

NO

> 3. Someone know where a find the ACLs options official guide?

for setting samba to use acl, add --with-acl-support option to the
./configure call.
It's the first step for using samba and ACL.

And after see manual page of smb.conf for acl parameter.