[Samba] Samba+LDAP problems

Edmundo Valle Neto edmundo.valle at terra.com.br
Thu Nov 8 22:32:37 GMT 2007

Marcelo Mogrovejo escreveu:
> Hi John...
>
> John H Terpstra wrote:
>> (...)
>>> I mean that i don't know why the user linux is not created, why i don't
>>> see him with getent passwd.
>>> The command work fine without errors.
>>>
>>> So all of this means smbldap-tools is broken ??
>>>

>> No, it means your NSS is either not configured correctly, or is
>> broken.  How have you configured /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/ldap.conf?
>>
> here i show you my /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/ldap/ldap.conf
>
> http://pastebin.com/mf74cf2
>

> thanks.
>
> regards

About /etc/ldap/ldap.conf, Debian don't use the config from there (it
reads from different files when using NSS or PAM), include your
/etc/nss-ldap.conf instead.

The only use of /etc/ldap/ldap.conf that I remeber now is by ldap-utils
(ldapsearch for example).

Looking at the file that you sent, I saw that you are trying to use TLS,
and didn't understood yet if openldap is installed in that same machine
that you are trying to configure NSS (that in my opinion in this case
could make TLS useless).

If you never configured an LDAP server before, if possible you should
try something simpler, don't use TLS and don't set the pam and nss filters.

Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto