[Samba] Windows VISTA and Samba v2.2.2

Mark L. Wise mark at alpha2.com
Tue Nov 6 19:49:40 GMT 2007

Hello all!

I have a client who purchased a Windows VISTA based machine and we are
trying to get this machine to work with our SCO Unix based Samba server
(v2.2.2).  {I know that higher versions of Samba do not have this
problem, however, I do not have a binary for SCO Unix V5.0.5, nor do I
have the capability (compiler) to make one from sources}.

Notes:
We are using password encryption.
The same user account/password works fine when used on a Windows XP machine.
We do use "Log in as a different user" when mapping drives to specify
the Unix username and password.

We have adjusted the VISTA local policies to "Send LM & NTLM --
useNTLMv2 session security if negotiated" instead of "NTLMv2".  However,
we are still getting password rejections.

What else can I try?

Thanks!

Mark

--