[Samba] Winbind Offline Login

Brian Quinn (GMail) bquinn at myitdepartment.ie
Fri Nov 2 13:15:21 GMT 2007

Hi,
I've been testing winbind offline logon feature using samba-3.2.0pre1. It works great when logging in locally (or via SSH) to the machine in offline mode, but I can't seem to connect to a share from a Windows client when in offline mode.

The reasoning behind using the offline feature for us is to provide ADS integrated file share that can function in a remote office in the event that communications with the central dc's is down.

Is the winbind offline logon feature intended to support this operation? I know the normal answer would be to install a DC locally in the remote site, but we've got 100's of small remote sites that don't warrant their own DC's.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Brian
The contents of this e-mail (including attachments) are private and confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you may not copy or deliver this e-mail or any attachments to anyone else or make any use of its contents; you should not read any part of this e-mail or any attachments. Unauthorised disclosure or communication or other use of the contents of this e-mail or any part thereof may be prohibited by law and may constitute a criminal offence. If you receive this e-mail by mistake please notify info at myitdepartment.ie