[Samba] Need Help .............Urgent........

Vikash Jha kumarjhv at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:44:46 GMT 2007

Hi Folks,
Currently i am using samba version 2.5.
Now the following patches for security vulnerabilities are available on the
samba.org...

http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/patches/security/samba-3.0.24-CVE-2007-2444.patch
http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/patches/security/samba-3.0.24-CVE-2007-2446.patch
http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/patches/security/samba-3.0.24-CVE-2007-2447.patch

But these patches are for samba 3 onwards.

So if i need to apply these patches for my samba (2.5) . I have no clue how
to proceed?

As there are a lot of changes in code between 2.5 and 3 . So its becoming
very tough for me , how to backport these patches?

I have no clue also , is these security holes are valid for my samba version
2.5.

If you guys have any suggestions ...please let me know...

Thanks in advance...........

vikash