[Samba] individual printer setup samba 3.2.5

Rune Tønnesen rune at tonnesen.org
Sat May 19 21:54:42 GMT 2007

Dave skrev:
> Hello,
>    I'm running samba 3.2.5. I've got two printers only one of which i
> want the network to see. In my smb.conf global section i have:
>
> load printers = no
> printing = cups
> printcap name = cups
>
> and my printer definition:
>
> [printername]
> comment = network printer
> path = /var/spool/samba
> browsable = no
> guest ok = no
> writable = no
> printable = yes
>
> and in my network neighborhood the printer doesn't show up. If i
> change the name of that share to [printers] and the load printers
> option to yes setting up all printers to be visible the printers show
> up. Can i only see this one printer?
> Thanks.
> Dave.

Dear Dave

The easiest way is to use the default printer setup. Then use the
following examples that i have from this url
http://www.collaborium.org/onsite/benin/lectures/simone/samba-printing.html

To create a private personal printer add the section:

[privateprn]
comment = pc1 private printer
path = /var/spool/samba
printer = printer1
public = no
writable = no
printable = yes
valid users = pc1

To create a group accessible printer add the section:

[groupprn]
comment = guest user group printer
path = /var/spool/samba
printer = printer1