[Samba] Creating Samba RPM

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Fri May 18 17:58:56 GMT 2007

Hello to all.

With recent versions of Samba, it seems that I've built the Samba RPM from
source RPM which, in turn.  The single RPM that was created installs samba,
winbind, smbclient, etc.  With version 3.0.25, I can't find that source RPM.
All I can find are source RPMs that create individual RPMs for Samba and each
of its components.  If I try to create the RPM from source tarball, it needs
smbldap-tools-0.9.2.tgz.  I DL smbldap-tools-0.9.2a.tgz (the only version
available), and try again.  No joy until I rename smbldap-tools-0.9.2.tgz to
smbldap-tools-0.9.2a.tgz and add lots of perl modules.  I try again, and
smbldap-tools-0.9.2-1.rpm is created, but the samba RPM isn't.  I'm trying
this on a CentOS 3.8 box.

Sorry for the long and perhaps, somewhat unclear description of my issue.
Where might I find the "single install" Samba source RPM?

Thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.