[Samba] Can new ACL entries be inherited to existing subdirectories.

Andrew Watkins andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Wed May 16 09:57:54 GMT 2007

Hello,

My samba drive works well on my XP machines and ACLs work fine as well.
XP users can add new user permissions to files and folders and they are
inherited for all NEW files and folders created in the future.

But, adding a new permission on the security tab to a folder does not
alter the EXISTING files/sub-folders like it does on a real windows
network drive.

I am running Samba 3.0.24/25 on Solaris 10/9 machines and here are my
current settings:

         acl compatibility = auto
         acl check permissions = Yes
         acl group control = No