[Samba] printing from dos works...not from smbclient

Jørgen Kold jorgen at pet.auh.dk
Wed May 16 08:31:58 GMT 2007

Hi

We have a newly started server(Sun-Fire-T200) running samba.
 From one day to another samba printing just stopped working. We have
found out following:

When forwarding printing to another server through printers.conf it works.
When printing from dos through the command: echo ^MHello^L >
\\servername\printer it also works.
When right clicking on the printer choosing "Print test print" it does
not work.
When using smbclient to print from the server it also works.
Whenever we create a printer with the original name it just dosn't work.

Any idears?

Jorgen