[Samba] Samba 3 as PDC and hidden folders

Jason Baker jbaker at glastender.com
Mon May 14 12:31:23 GMT 2007

> However, the "Local Settings" folder and everything within it are
> "hidden" folders in Windows, and seem not to get synced with the
> server when user logs out of domain.
>
> Is there a way to make this folder sync? Any notable downsides to
> doing so?
What you are referring to is roaming profiles. The Local Settings folder
by default does not get saved back to the server at logout. You can
change this however, but it could result in some minor problems. I have
a similar issue running AutoCAD on workstations that have roaming
profiles. I have it set so that the profile is removed from the
workstation at logout. You could probably get away with leaving the
profile on the machines, but that wouldn't solve your problem if someone
wanted to get their mail when logged into a different workstation. I
would find out if there is a way to move the location of the .pst file
in Outlook.

*Jason Baker
*/IT Coordinator/

*Glastender Inc.*