[Samba] smbmount

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon May 7 18:38:32 GMT 2007

On 2007/05/07 18:21 (GMT+0100) John G Walker apparently typed:

> On Mon, 07 May 2007 09:00:31 -0500 "Gerald (Jerry) Carter" wrote:

>> > As far as I understand it, Windows 98 doesn't use CIFS.

>> Support for netbios transport was added in cifs.ko I think around
>> 2.6.15

> So this would mean that I can access W98 files via CIFS? Felix says not.

Depends whether by "access" you mean properly working access, or any type of
access at all. I can't remember the last time I tried to access W98 from
Linux (several years by now probably), but when accessing a legacy OS/2 LM
server with the latest CIFS client the timestamping is still broken.
--
"The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining
ever brighter till the full light of day."	Proverbs 4:18 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409