[Samba] 3.0.24 and disappearing ACL entries

Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago segfault at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:48:38 GMT 2007

Hi,

On 5/1/07, Aaron Kincer <kincera at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been working at this for a few days now and I can't figure out what
> is broken. Google turns up similar issues from years back, but I hope
> this is a bug resurfacing. ACL entries are being deleted when files are
> saved. Here is an example:

Any info on this? I'm having similar problems, when a user with the M$
Suite saves his files.

$ getfacl *
# file: teste.doc
# owner: cadu
# group: XXXEMP
user::rwx
group::rwx
group:XXXAED:rwx
group:XXXEXT:r-x
group:XXXGES:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---

# file: teste.ods
# owner: cadu
# group: XXXEMP
user::rwx
group::rwx
group:XXXAED:rwx
group:XXXEMP:rwx
group:XXXEXT:r-x
group:XXXGES:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---

After saving file "teste.doc", it removed the ACL for the EMP group.
That didn't happen when i saved "teste.ods", using OpenOffice suite.

--
Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago