[Samba] Unix users showing as Unix User\10751

Michael St. Laurent mikes at hartwellcorp.com
Fri May 4 00:12:53 GMT 2007

> I'm in the process of changing over to ADS mode and turning
> on winbind.
> One problem I'm running into is that when I right click on a file in
> Windows and examine the security tab the names are being
> shown as "Unix
> User\10751" instead of "HCNAS\mikes" as they used to appear
> for example.

Never mind, I fixed that one.

However, the problem I'm seeing now is the username mapping.  The Unix
and NT usernames have been set so that they are identical and this used
to work.  Now, however, if I have an idmap range it's using an ID from
that and if I don't then it's using the guest account or refusing the
connection depending on the 'map to guest' setting.